Monday 15 April 2013

Creative Design + The Force = Awesome Star Wars Guitars!



Star Wars has lent its brand to innumerable companies and products over its history (those awful Yoda-Vodafone ads as the most recent example), but this latest piece of innovation might just be the best thing to happen to the franchise since Disney bought out George Lucas and announced a new raft of films.


Tom Bingham, a retired printer from Corby, Northamptonshire, has reconstructed guitars in the shape of various spacecraft from the original trilogy.

Via today's Design Taxi website, showcasing the most unusual and creative pieces of work around the world, Tom's Millennium Falcon has won him global acclaim. 

In an interview with The Sun newspaper, the designer said: "I like Star Wars and I like other sci-fi stuff too.


"I saw a picture of a Millennium Falcon on the internet years ago and did my own version. The important thing is you have to make the body very rigid - I had to take the Millennium Falcon kits apart to their 140 odd pieces and rebuild it so it supports the neck I attach it to."

But despite his new-found fame, Tom isn't motivated by selling his creations.

"It isn’t easy and took hours painstakingly building it every day. I’ve got a bit of an obsession with it now, it’s my hobby, one thing just leads to another.

"I’m not tempted by any offers of money."




No comments:

Post a Comment